[gate] many jobs failing for nova-compute libvirt driver error

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 19:08:33 UTC 2020

Hey all,

This is just a FYI that we've got another gate failure where nova-compute is failing with the following error raised from the libvirt driver [1]:

"TypeError: Parameterized generics cannot be used with class"

which was raised from the eventlet.tpool code. (I don't yet understand what this error means exactly.)

Because of this, we suspect this is related to the eventlet package version bump from 0.26.1 to 0.28.0 that happened in the upper-constraints change to openstack/requirements that merged earlier today:

https://review.opendev.org/#/c/750084/47/upper-constraints.txt@150

But we're not certain yet exactly what is happening and whether this ^ is indeed the cause.

I am currently investigating to find the root cause of failure and how to fix it/confirm which package we should pin for now. I am trying out a DNM nova patch to pin eventlet to 0.26.1 to see what happens, while I look into more depth at what the error means and whether it's something we should fix in the nova code.

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Best,
-melanie

[1] https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/20f1d309663347c28112b711b82b9c03/log/controller/logs/screen-n-cpu.txt?severity=4#861