[tripleo] stable/victoria for tripleo repos

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 15:44:25 UTC 2020

Hello all,

I got some pings about tripleo stable/victoria so here is an update.

The tripleo-ci team is busy preparing and we are almost ready. Basically
we've blocked branching until we have adequate CI coverage. This means
check & gate jobs but also promotion jobs so that check & gate aren't
running with stale content.

tl;dr We are aiming to branch victoria tripleoclient & common today and
everything else next week - with more details below but please note:

PLEASE AVOID MERGING to the stable/victoria tripleoclient/common that will
appear after [4] until we are confident that our ci coverage is working
well.

Most of our 'core' (standalone/scenarios/undercloud etc) check/gate jobs
match on branch like [1] so we expect those to run OK once there is a
stable/victoria available. There is ongoing work for branchful, upgrade,
3rd party and ovb jobs but we will not block branching on those.

The victoria integration pipeline [2] (which produces current-tripleo) is
in good shape. It was blocked on a nit in the component pipeline but it is
resolved with [3]. Once we have a victoria promotion then we should be all
clear to branch stable/victoria.

Actions:

A). today: make stable/victoria for python-tripleoclient & tripleo-common.
The change at [4] will do this once merged. We will use this to see our
check/gate jobs run against victoria & fix issues.

B). next week: once we are happy with A). AND we've had a promotion, we
release and make stable/victoria for everything else.

Hopefully B). will happen end of next week but that depends on how well the
above goes (plus inevitable delays cos PTG),

I'll repeat this cos it's important:

PLEASE AVOID MERGING to stable/victoria tripleoclient/common for now until
we are confident that our jobs are doing the right thing!

As always grateful for a sanity check or any thoughts about any of the
above - I'm pretty new to this (weshay has been a great help so far thank
you weshay++),

thanks,

marios

[1]