[placement] Train upgrade warning

Seth Tunstall sethp at gurukuli.co.uk
Fri Oct 23 09:43:43 UTC 2020

Hello,

As another person has mentioned (Chanu Romain), I am attempting an
upgrade from Queens to Train. I have successfully upgraded Keystone and
Glance, but while trying to separate Placement's databases out from
Nova, I run into the the same issue with placement-status upgrade check:

# placement-status upgrade check
| Upgrade Check Results                                           |
| Check: Missing Root Provider IDs                                |
| Result: Success                                                 |
| Details: None                                                   |
| Check: Incomplete Consumers                                     |
| Result: Warning                                                 |
| Details: There are -3511 incomplete consumers table records for |
|   existing allocations. Run the "placement-manage db            |
|   online_data_migrations" command.                              |

Likewise, running placement-manage db online_data_migrations does nothing.

I am running this placement migration on a dev cluster which has had the
databases from a Prod cluster restored to it. This has worked well for
me previously as a way to run through upgrades without touching the live
system.

Thanks very much,

Seth