Octavia amphora missing network interface

Dibbo, Alexander (STFC,RAL,SC) alexander.dibbo at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Oct 21 13:48:47 UTC 2020

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with my Octavia deployment in Train.

When a load balancer is created I can see the amphora get created with an interface on the management network. After a short while an interface is added for our external network.

The external network interface never becomes responsive. If I ssh in to the amphora I can only see the management interface present. If I the reboot the amphora, the external interface appears and becomes responsive. Given this it seems like some kind of race condition.

I have tried using all of the test amphora images that are published but the centos8 one seems the closest to working.

Is anyone familiar with this issue or a fix?

Thanks

Alex

Regards

Alexander Dibbo - Cloud Architect / Cloud Operations Group Leader
For STFC Cloud Documentation visit https://stfc-cloud-docs.readthedocs.io<https://stfc-cloud-docs.readthedocs.io/>
To raise a support ticket with the cloud team please email cloud-support at gridpp.rl.ac.uk<mailto:cloud-support at gridpp.rl.ac.uk>
To receive fast notifications or to discuss usage of the cloud please join our Slack: https://stfc-cloud.slack.com/

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the attachments. UKRI does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses. Opinions, conclusions or other information in this message and attachments that are not related directly to UKRI business are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of UKRI.