[Ironic] Teaching virtualbmc how to talk to Ironic?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 18:37:51 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 02:06:52PM +1300, Steve Baker wrote:
> As far as I'm aware, an IPMI host:port endpoint will manage exactly one
> baremetal host

That's correct. The idea is that we would spawn one virtual ipmi
instance per host to be controlled.

> These days with the rise of Redfish I think IPMI is considered a
> legacy interface now.

It absolutely is, but it is also still commonly supported.

> If there are provisioning tools frequently used by the target audience of
> Mass Open Cloud which have poor Ironic API support then we'd like to know
> what those tools are so we can improve that support.

The answer here is "everything", including other instances of Ironic,
locally developed tools, things like Foreman, etc.

We have a couple of summit sessions coming up tomorrow if you're
interested in learning more about what we're about.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {irc,twitter,github}
http://blog.oddbit.com/                | N1LKS