Python 3.9 is here in Debian Sid

Corey Bryant corey.bryant at canonical.com
Mon Oct 19 13:27:09 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 10:23 AM Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmx.com>
wrote:

> 3.9 is already available in Ubuntu 20.04 (albeit at an RC but it will be
> updated) so that should not block enabling test gates.
>
> Cheers
>
> James
>
> It might be good to add a non-voting "openstack-tox-py39" job to the
> wallaby template:
>

> https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-zuul-jobs/src/branch/master/zuul.d/project-templates.yaml#L488
>
> All official projects should be running with that template now, so it
> would be an easy way to get jobs going and start to see what issues are
> uncovered.
>
> Sean

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a review up for this at
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/758813/. It also adds non-voting py39 jobs
for wallaby. If there's any chance of adding py39 as a supported run-time
at this point for wallaby [1] please let me know.
[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/743847/

Thanks,
Corey