[tripleo][overcloud] setup 2 bonds for overcloud deployment tripleo

dangerzone ar dangerzonen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 12:54:03 UTC 2020

Hi Marios and team,
Thank you for pointing me out. Need further advice.

Below is my deployment command :-

*openstack overcloud deploy --templates \*

*  -r ~/templates/roles_data.yaml \  -n ~/templates/network_data.yaml \  -e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/network-environment.yaml
\  -e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/network-isolation.yaml
\  -e
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/docker-ha.yaml  -e
~/templates/network.yaml \  -e ~/templates/scheduler_hints_env.yaml \  -e
~/templates/node-info.yaml*

I have copy 2-linux-bonds-vlans to nic-configs folder below:-
*cp
~/generated-openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/network/config/2-linux-bonds-vlans/*
~/templates/nic-configs*

In the nic-configs folder got 3 files
i.README
ii.controller.yaml
iii.compute-dpdk.yaml

My initial deployment only involves controllers and computes (no dpdk),
should I use 'compute-dpdk.yaml' file to configure my NIC setup, is it the
same template for non-dpdk computes?
My actual network, vlan and nic setup:-
(1)bond0 (NIC1+NIC2)
-Internal API -vlan10
-External  -vlan60
-Provisioning - vlan24
*provisoning is configure on the same bond0 of NIC1 and NIC2

(2)bond1 (NIC5+NIC6)
-Tenant   -vlan20

compute-dpdk.yaml:-
The template have nic1 as single nic, while nic2+nic3 on another bond and
nic4+nic5 as another bond. Which line should I set as bond0 and bond1?
Appreciate to confirm, I would be thankful if someone can point which line
I should edit bond0 and bond1 as per setup above. I attached file
compute-dpdk.yaml and controller.yaml.

Thank you for your help, may god bless you all.