approach to deploying rhosp 16.1 with octavia on standalone

Carlos Goncalves cgoncalves at redhat.com
Mon Oct 19 06:18:38 UTC 2020

Hi Chen,

OpenStack TripleO and Red Hat OpenStack Platform can create an all-in-one
OpenStack cloud. Both have comprehensive documentation pages [1] [2].

Octavia can be enabled in both installers without an undercloud node. In
fact, that is how TripleO + Octavia integration is tested in upstream CI.

The CLI command you mentioned is the correct one but misses additional
parameters. I would refer you again to the documentation pages in [1] and
[2]. Please make sure to include "standalone-tripleo.yaml" and
"octavia.yaml" environment files and the "Standalone.yaml" role file.

I hope this helps.

Carlos

[1]
https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/tripleo-docs/latest/deployment/standalone.html