Re: Sorry for the stupid question... it’s been a while

Dan Sneddon dsneddon at redhat.com
Sun Oct 18 14:26:03 UTC 2020

On 10/14/20 11:50 PM, Slawek Kaplonski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think that You need to configure bridge_mappings. See [1] for details.
>
> Dnia środa, 14 października 2020 20:52:14 CEST Florian Rommel pisze:
>> Hey everyone.
>> So, I have developed openstack, wrote installers and fixed parts in the raw
>> phytonutrients.. but... so I am , for fun and refreshing my memory,
>> building an openstack deployment by hand, the hood old fashioned way. I
>> have a few servers and I get everything working perfectly EXCEPT neutron
>> ovs with dvr integration. I am using Ubuntu focal with ussuri release. When
>> I deploy neutron i get the agents to show up and register with UP. The
>> neutron-openvswitch-agent crashes with physical network floating to
>> br-public not found. I am wondering how in need to configure the bridge in
>> order to make this work. I have a empty interface (internet facing) which I
>> added to br-public but where do I define the floating network name?
>>
>> Yes it’s stupid but I been banging my head against the wall:)
>>
>> Thanks already for help and sorry to anyone else for the dumb question:)
>> //Florian
>
> [1] https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/admin/deploy-ovs-provider.html

To sum up the instructions, bridge_mappings must be configured in the
openvswitch_agent.ini on the compute node to the same value as the
controller. For example if your physical network is named "public":

# openvswitch_agent.ini
[ovs]
bridge_mappings = publilc:br-public

You have already added the interface to br-public, but when the
openvswitch agent starts on the compute node, it will create a patch
between br-public and br-int. Then Neutron can connect provider VLANs to
the external interface through br-public.

If you are connecting to a flat floating IP network instead of a
provider VLAN, then you also need to configure the flat_networks to
"public" or "*" in ml2_conf.ini:

# ml2_conf.ini
[ml2_type_flat]
flat_networks = public

--
Dan Sneddon         |  Senior Principal Software Engineer
dsneddon at redhat.com |  redhat.com/cloud