[requirements][oslo] Explicit requirement to setuptools.

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Oct 15 12:56:34 UTC 2020

On 2020-10-15 13:22:36 +0200 (+0200), Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> IMO, this is a problem in downstream distributions, not in
> OpenStack (unless this influences pip3).
>
> In Debian, I did hard-wire an explicit build-dependency on
> python3-setuptools on each and every package. I don't understand
> why you haven't done the same thing.
[...]

And even this isn't completely necessary... it's entirely possible
for projects to only use PBR and setuptools for creating packages,
but use other Python stdlib methods (e.g., importlib in Python 3.8)
to access version information and related package metadata during
runtime.
--
Jeremy Stanley