Multiple backend for Openstack

Deepa KR deepa.kr at fingent.com
Wed Oct 14 13:08:16 UTC 2020

Hi All

Good Day

>From documentation we are able to understand that we can configure multiple
backends for cinder (Ceph ,External Storage device or NFS etc)
Is there any way we can choose the backend while instance launching .Say
instance1 backend should be from an external storage device like EMC  and
instance2 to launch and have backend volume from ceph .Can this be achieved
using cinder availability zone implementation or any other way?

I have gone through below link (*section Configure Block Storage scheduler
multi back end)*

https://docs.openstack.org/cinder/latest/admin/blockstorage-multi-backend.html

  Suggestions please ..

Regards,