[oslo] Project leadership

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Oct 13 23:39:35 UTC 2020

---- On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 11:13:28 -0500 Herve Beraud <hberaud at redhat.com> wrote ----
 > Hello,
 > According to our latest meeting/discussions I submitted a patch [1] to move oslo under the DPL governance model.
 > Indeed a few weeks ago Ben officially announced his stepping down from its role of oslo PTL [2], at this point nobody volunteered to become the new PTL of oslo during Wallaby.
 > Accordingly to our latest discussions [3] and our latest meeting [4] we decided to adopt the DPL governance model [5].
 > Accordingly to this governance model we assigned the required roles [6][7].
 >
 > During the lastest oslo meeting we decided to create groups of paired liaison [7], especially for release liaison role and the TaCT SIG liaison role [6][7].
 >
 > To continue the DPL process this patch [1] should be validated by the current PTL (Ben) and all liaison people [7].

Thanks hberaud, we need few changes in governance tooling and schema to implement the DPL model. I have pushed
the below change to do that, you can fill the liaisons for DPL model in the new subfield of 'Liaisons' field.

https://review.opendev.org/#/c/757966/1

NOTE, we can make the projects data schema more strict but that can be done later and to facilitate the oslo change 757966 should be fine.

-gmann