[oslo] Project leadership

Herve Beraud hberaud at redhat.com
Tue Oct 13 16:13:28 UTC 2020

Hello,

According to our latest meeting/discussions I submitted a patch [1] to move
oslo under the DPL governance model.

Indeed a few weeks ago Ben officially announced his stepping down from its
role of oslo PTL [2], at this point nobody volunteered to become the new
PTL of oslo during Wallaby.

Accordingly to our latest discussions [3] and our latest meeting [4] we
decided to adopt the DPL governance model [5].

Accordingly to this governance model we assigned the required roles [6][7].

During the lastest oslo meeting we decided to create groups of paired
liaison [7], especially for release liaison role and the TaCT SIG liaison
role [6][7].

To continue the DPL process this patch [1] should be validated by the
current PTL (Ben) and all liaison people [7].

Final note, I would like to personally thank Ben for assuming the PTL role
during the previous cycles and for the works he have done at this position
and for oslo in general, especially during the previous cycle where he was
a volunteer even if oslo wasn't its main topic at work.

Best regards

[1] https://review.opendev.org/757906
[2]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-September/017491.html