external network on rhosp 16.1 all in one installation

Chen Sagi ChenSa at radware.com
Mon Oct 12 15:37:27 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I have an All in one installation of RHOSP for evaluation purposes and I am trying to understand external network and the Octavia service.
I have a VM with the openstack installed on, with 2 NICs in the management network as required by Red hat.

I tried using the RHOSP Octavia guide, and also tried to create an external network but I seem to be missing something.

Notice: the network that I am using is a flat network and is not configured for VLANs at all, but is a routable address.

Thanks in advance,
Chen Sagi.