help with Openstack magnum in train

Tony Pearce tonyppe at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 09:11:03 UTC 2020

Hi Rob,

I didn't see any replies to your message. I am also trying to use Magnum
and having issues. These labels are allowing me to deploy k8 cluster
(although I have another issue with regards to storage/flavours which I'm
coming back to soon)

cinder_csi_enabled=trueavailability_zone=AZ_1 cloud_provider_enabled=true
heat_container_agent_tag=train-stable-3

Some time back when I asked the group here for help, I was informed about a
bug and they suggested using "heat_container_agent_tag=train-stable-3". I
have multi AZ so I needed to specify one. The other two have been found on
the back of some research with one of our internal developers for something
else but just mentioning here in case it helps.

Good luck with this and I'd be grateful for your feedback - this has caused
me much pain to get working.

The storage issue I currently have is with regards to the flavour being
used for the cluster instances. I need to use 0MB disk so that all of the
instance storage is set up on externally integrated array (Cinder / cinder
iscsi storage driver). However, using this flavour causes the k8 create to
fail because it errors on the 0MB. I have some steps to try from the
community but have not been able to get to this yet.

Regards,

Tony Pearce