[cinder][manila][swift] Edge discussions at the upcoming PTG

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:27:35 UTC 2020

Hi,

We’ve started to have discussions in the area of object storage needs and solutions for edge use cases at the last PTG in June. I’m reaching out with the intention to continue this chat at the upcoming PTG in a few weeks.

The OSF Edge Computing Group is meeting during the first three days of the PTG like last time. We are planning to have edge reference architecture models and testing type of discussions in the first two days (October 26-27) and have a cross-project and cross-community day on Wednesday (October 28). We would like to have a dedicated section for storage either on Monday or Tuesday.

I think it might also be time to revisit other storage options as well if there’s interest.

What do people think?

For reference:
* Our planning etherpad is here: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/ecg-vptg-october-2020
* Notes from the previous PTG is here: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/ecg_virtual_ptg_planning_june_2020