[kolla] Restarting RMQ

Braden, Albert C-Albert.Braden at charter.com
Wed Oct 7 12:10:21 UTC 2020

When I learned OpenStack at eBay we ran RMQ on dedicated VMs. My new employer runs kolla and everything is in containers. When I was running RMQ on VMs, it would lock up and we would have to restart it on all 3 VMs. If that didn't work, we had a "cold start" procedure where we would stop all 3, delete the contents of /var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/ and then run some commands to set the correct config and permissions before starting.

What is the correct way to restart RMQ in kolla? Should I log into the containers and restart services there, or use rabbitmqctl, or just stop and start the containers? Is stop/starting the containers the equivalent of the "cold start" procedure?

I apologize for the nonsense below. So far I have not been able to stop it from being attached to my external emails. I'm working on it.

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.