[tripleo][ci] RFC, supported releases of TripleO

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Tue Oct 6 08:15:57 UTC 2020

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 10:43 AM Takashi Kajinami <tkajinam at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi Wes,
>
> Let me ask several questions especially about upstream maintenance.
>
> - Will we retire stable/ocata and stable/pike, too ? It seems that these 2
> branches are still open.
>   Since we have really seen activity about these 2 branches recently. I
> think it is the time to retire these 2 stable branches as well.

you're right - while we no longer have any upstream ci running for
pike/ocata - I just checked and it looks like we didn't tag the ocata/pike
branches as eol - they are still active at [1][2] for example so yeah we
should probably do that for these too.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-heat-templates/branches
[2] https://github.com/openstack/python-tripleoclient/branches

> - You didn't mention stable/queens but do you intend to keep it open ? If
> yes, how do we backport any fixes to queens after retiring R and S ?

  I suppose that we'll backport a change from master to V/U/T and then Q,
> with skipping R/S, but is it right ?

main reason for keeping queens is because it is part of the fast forward
upgrade (ffu) ... i.e. newton->queens for ffu 1 and then queens->train for
ffu 2.
So indeed the backports will go as you described - to train then queens

hope it helps clarify somewhat