[ironic][ussuri][centos8] fails to introspect: my fsm encountered an exception

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 15:17:52 UTC 2020

So interestingly enough, I can't seem to access that docker repository
to look at the images. Something seems off, but it doesn't look
related to the change that was reverted a couple days ago.

Looking at the additional logging you provided, it look something it
occuring out of order.

So a few questions:
1) Was the ironic-inspector container started before or after the
ironic-api container? It needs to start after for the dnsmasq filter
driver to sync and operate.
2) Can you manually trigger inspection without the extra tripleo
tools? "openstack baremetal node inspect <uuid>" I ask this
specifically because I'm not seeing the post request in the logging
your supplying, so I'm wondering if for some reason the wrong thing is
happening in the tripleo tooling.

When you manually inspect, you'll need to do "openstack baremetal node
show <uuid> to see if the node exits inspect state. From there I'd
check the logs again to see if the same error occurred or if things
were successful.

-Julia