[tripleo] Image build error with missing osops-tools-monitoring-oschecks in CentOS 8

Yatin Karel ykarel at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 08:26:50 UTC 2020

Hi Ruslanas,

I guess you are hitting it in Train as for Ussuri+ that element is
removed[1]. It was not backported to Train as Train supports both
CentOS7 and 8. You can propose a patch to the stable/train branch of
openstack/tripleo-puppet-elements to handle CentOS8 case.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/q/4b60b7cd6999591cb3d0f50ab3966688a566a02c

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 1:46 PM Ruslanas Gžibovskis <ruslanas at lpic.lt> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> in file: /usr/share/tripleo-puppet-elements/overcloud-opstools/pkg-map
> should be added before "default", on line 9 following text, to support CentOS 8:
>
>   "release": {
>     "centos": {
>       "8": {
>         "oschecks_package": ""
>       }
>     }
>   },
>
> so it would not search for osops-tools-monitoring-oschecks
>
> not sure where to submit an update, sending here, someone who knows what and where, can do or I can submit it just name where.
>
> --
> Ruslanas Gžibovskis
> +370 6030 7030

Thanks and Regards