[ops][nova][designate] Does anyone rely on fully-qualified instance names?

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 19:17:14 UTC 2020

If we are going to continue to use the "name" API field to populate
metadata for the instance and set the dns_name field of the port, yes.

Really the right answer is to add a hostname field to the nova API
that had the proper validation and IDN support. That way the "name"
field is simple API metadata and not overloaded for multiple purposes.

Michael