[all][diversity] IRC Channel Renames

Kendall Nelson kennelson11 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 22:09:34 UTC 2020

Hello!

So now that the OpenStack Foundation is now the Open Infrastructure
Foundation, I think it time to take a look at some of the IRC channels we
use. There are a few that come to mind that are used by the larger
Foundation community- not just OpenStack anymore- that should probably be
renamed[0].

Below is a list of the channels that come to mind and proposed new channel
names. Please add to the list or suggest alternative names if you hate what
I've come up with. My goal is to process these renames by the end of the
year.

- #openstack-ptg  -> #oif-ptg
- #openstack-forum -> #oif-forum
- #openstack-diversity -> #oif-diversity
- #openstack-board -> #oif-board
- #openstack-foundation -> #oif-foundation

Look forward to everyone's thoughts!

-Kendall (diablo_rojo)

[0]
https://docs.opendev.org/opendev/system-config/latest/irc.html#renaming-an-irc-channel