[oslo] following or not following the DST changes for our meeting time

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Thu Nov 19 13:51:21 UTC 2020

On 16.11.20 14:50, Herve Beraud wrote:
> Hello Oslofolk,
>
> As discussed during our previous meeting, at each DST change, the agenda
> of some of us conflicting with our Oslo meeting time slot, this thread
> just wants to propose a solution to avoid that.
>
> We could just move our meeting time when DST changes, and then move back
> to this slot once DST is back.
>
> Right now our meeting time is UTC based, we suppose that UTC is required
> because of the OpenStack meeting tooling.
>
> By following that we will get the following time slots:
>
> - meeting time slot when DST start: 5:00pm UTC
>
> - meeting time slot when DST end: 4:00pm UTC
>
> Does it fit well for you?

Just one comment: Which country are you taking as reference? as an
example DST in Europe, US, and Australia are at totally different times...

so, best to clarify what you take as reference to avoid confusion -
especially for those few weeks when the US has DST but Europe not -
leaving the southern hemisphere out of this,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com Twitter: jaegerandi
  SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D 90409 Nürnberg