[tc][all] openstack.org website Was: [qinling] Retiring the Qinling project

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Nov 12 16:48:25 UTC 2020

Julia Kreger wrote:
> Out of curiosity, and surely someone from the foundation will need to
> answer this question, but is there any plan to begin to migrate the
> openstack.org website to more community control or edit community
> capability since it has already been updated to be much more about the
> project and not the foundation?
>
> For example, for ironicbaremetal.org, we're able to go update content
> by updating one of the template files the site is built with, in order
> to fix links, update the latest version, etc. The openstack.org site
> is far more complex though so maybe it is not really feasible in the
> short term.

That's definitely the general direction we want to take with
openstack.org, but it will take a lot of time to separate out the
various backends involved.

Regarding the map, as Ghanshyam says, the requirements are driven from
the osf/openstack-map repository so please submit any change there.

I'll take the opportunity to remind people that the YAML data in that
repository also directly drives the content for the
openstack.org/software pages. So if you want to modify how each project
appears there, that's already doable.

--
Thierry