Cannot deploly an instance at a specific host --(no such host found) [nova]

Eugen Block eblock at nde.ag
Thu Nov 12 09:16:19 UTC 2020

Did you change the transport_url only in the nova.conf of the new
compute node? Or did you also change the rabbitmq configuration? The
transport_url should match the actual rabbitmq config, of course, and
it should be the same on every node.
Does that match your cell setup? To compare run:

control:~ # nova-manage cell_v2 list_cells --verbose

Do you have a vhost configuration? (I'm not familiar with devstack)
Here's an example of a "nova" vhost with respective permissions:

control:~ # rabbitmqctl list_vhosts
Listing vhosts
/
nova

control:~ # rabbitmqctl list_permissions -p nova
Listing permissions in vhost "nova"
nova    .*      .*      .*

If there's a vhost it should be also reflected in the transport_url.
Maybe you should share all of the above information here.