Openstack user surver - questions

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Sun May 31 15:59:58 UTC 2020

Hi,

First of all sorry if I didn't look for it long enough but I have couple of
questions about user surver and I couldn't find answer for them anywhere.

1. I was looking at [1] for some Neutron related data and I found only one
questions about used backends in "Deployment Decisions". Problem is that this
graph is for me a bit unreadable due to many things on x-axis which overlaps
each other. Is there any place where I can find some "raw data" to check?

2. Another question about the same chart is: is there any way to maybe change
possible replies in the surver for next years? I'm asking about that becasue I
have a feeling that e.g. responses "Open vSwitch" and "ML2 - Open vSwitch" may
be confusing for users.
My understanding is that "Open vSwitch" means simply old "Open vSwitch" core
plugin instead of ML2 plugin but this old plugin was removed around "Libery"
cycle so I really don't think that still 37% of users are using it.

3. Is there any way to propose new, more detailed questions about e.g Neutron?
For example what service plugins they are using.

[1] https://www.openstack.org/analytics

--
Slawek Kaplonski
Senior software engineer