[all][stable] Moving the stable/ocata to 'Unmaintained' phase and then EOL

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu May 28 23:32:32 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-28 14:37:00 -0700 (-0700), Michael Johnson wrote:
> Considering recent OSSA issues did not release fixes for Ocata[1][2],
> I think we should really consider making the maintenance status more
> clear and/or per project.
[...]

In some cases this can be because the vulnerability was only
introduced after the Ocata release and so the stable/ocata branch
was not affected (I don't recall nor can I immediately spot whether
that was the scenario with any recent advisories we've issued). In
general though, I agree, if nobody steps forward to at least
backport security fixes and keep jobs working sufficiently to merge
those, then the branch is already in a de facto unmaintained state.
--
Jeremy Stanley