[all] Week Out PTG Details & Registration Reminder

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu May 28 14:47:28 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-28 00:50:38 +0000 (+0000), Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com wrote:
> As long as we have something that works and all of us can use -
> who cares.
[...]

Software freedom is one of the underlying tenets of the OpenStack
project. I understand that it may not be important to everyone, but
many of us value free/libre open source software and prefer to use
it when possible over proprietary alternatives. Otherwise you might
say the same about OpenStack itself: AWS, Vsphere, and so on work
and all of us *can* use those, so why bother making OpenStack? Why
put effort into touting the freedom our software affords its users
if we don't in turn value the same freedom in software we choose for
ourselves?

So I guess my answer to your question is, "me... I care."
--
Jeremy Stanley