[neutron] Recent incompatible change in stable/rocky branch

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Tue May 19 08:12:24 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 12:15:05PM +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 6:43 PM Slawek Kaplonski <skaplons at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 06:20:07PM +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:
> > > Thanks Slawek.  Are you planning to leave this change in place?  I can
> > > update my plugin's code, but that still leaves the likelihood of
> > breakage if
> > > - there's a new Rocky patch release
> > > - a deployer is using an out-of-tree plugin with its own interface
> > driver,
> > > and upgrades to the Rocky patch release
> > > - either they don't also upgrade their plugin code, or there isn't a
> > plugin
> > > update available because the plugin author hasn't noticed this problem
> > yet.
> >
> > Can You maybe open Launchpad bug for that? It will be the same issue for
> > all
> > other stable branches like Stein or Train so we should fix it there too.
> >

> Thanks Slawek, I've opened a bug here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1879307

Thank You. I just proposed patch https://review.opendev.org/729167 to address
this issue.
I will also propose backport of this patch to stable branches and we also agreed
already that we will need to have this one merged before new release of the
stable/Stein and stable/Train releases to not break others.

--
Slawek Kaplonski
Senior software engineer