[Neutron] How to change the MAC address of Gateway interface of the router

Rahul Sharma rsharma1818 at outlook.com
Sat May 16 17:05:19 UTC 2020

Hi,

I have setup a multi-host openstack cloud on AWS consisting of 3 servers i.e. Controller, Compute & Network

Everything is working as expected. My requirement is that the compute instances should be able to communicate with the internet and vice-versa.

However, AWS due to its security policies will drop all traffic that is sourced from the VMs because the VM traffic will have the MAC address of the gateway interface of the router when it hits the AWS switch. This MAC address is not know to AWS hence it drops this traffic. AWS will allow only  that traffic that contains the registered MAC address as its source address

So I need to change the MAC address of the gateway interface of the L3 router on the network node. I tried googling but could not find any solution.

Is there any solution/command to do this ?

Thanks,
Kaushik