[nova][gate] openstack-tox-pep8 job failing

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Fri May 15 00:21:49 UTC 2020

Hey all,

The openstack-tox-pep8 job is now failing too since hacking 3.1.0 was
released [1], which brings in a newer flake8 version, which adds new
checks to the code and we have a few failures.

We have a change that would pin hacking >= 3.0.1 and < 3.1.0 [2] to
prevent new checks from rolling in automatically, but it is stuck behind
the failing openstack-tox-docs job [3].

This is unfortunately a chicken and egg situation. The proposed nova
patch for the docs job, as mentioned from my other ML post:

https://review.opendev.org/727898

fails the pep8 job and the proposed nova patch for the pep8 job [2]
fails the docs job.

I'm not sure how people will want to proceed here because a
nova-side-only gate fix would involve squashing ^ and [2].

If we can get another fix or revert to openstackdocstheme to take care
of the docs job, we'd then only need [2] on the nova side to unblock the
nova gate.

Cheers,
-melanie

[1] https://review.opendev.org/728016