[nova][gate] openstack-tox-docs job failure

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Thu May 14 21:07:19 UTC 2020

On 5/14/20 11:30, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 14.05.20 03:36, melanie witt wrote:
>> Howdy all,
>>
>> There's a upper-constraints bump to openstackdocstheme 2.1.0 which has
>> recently merged [1] which is going to break the openstack-tox-docs job
>> for nova.
>
> openstackdocstheme 2.1.1 was released today to address that failure,
> constraints update is currently in the gate queue,

Update: docs jobs are still failing because the app.config.latex_engine
setting is still not set to 'xelatex' needed for unicode chars in our docs.

I suspect this is because by the time the 'app.config.latex_engine' gets
to the openstackdocstheme extension, it's already been defaulted to
'pdflatex' [2] and the logic will set it to 'xelatex' only if it's not
been set. I've commented on the openstackdocstheme patch [3].

-melanie

[2]
https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/configuration.html#confval-latex_engine
[3] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/727992/1/openstackdocstheme/ext.py