[horizon] [infra] horizon stable gate failure: yarn is required?

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Mon May 11 15:54:38 UTC 2020

> On May 11, 2020, at 2:42 AM, Radosław Piliszek <radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Akihiro,
>
> from my PoV yarn should be installed by projects that require it, especially since it's not baked into the instance image but tried to be installed each time (and hence causes these late failures).
>
> Since the jobs are now broken anyway, I think removing yarn from pre play is the right move.
> Obviously, ensure-yarn has to be fixed to be useful for those parties who require yarn and older nodejs.
> And "those parties" in case of OpenStack seem to be only RefStack, which means there is only one project to adapt then.

What good timing - I was actually working on updated javascript jobs over the weekend:

https://review.opendev.org/726547

I think we can update that to also only install yarn when it’s going to use yarn, I’ll make an update - and then I think if we update horizon to the new jobs this should be no problem.