[horizon][qa][infra] horizon master gate failure

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Mon May 11 08:47:28 UTC 2020

On Monday, 11 May 2020 06:41:51 CEST Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> horizon master branch is now failing due to permission defined during
> installing tempest-horizon into the tempest venv [1].
> It happens since May 9.
>
> The source tempest-horizon repo is located in
> /home/zuul/src/opendev.org/openstack/tempest-horizon/.
> I digged into the detail for a while but haven't figured out the root cause
> yet.
>
> I have the following questions on this:
>
> (1) Did we have any changes on the job configuration recently?
> stable/ussuri and master branches are similar but it only happens in
> the master branch.

I've seen that in another project (ironic) as well, and it was fixed by using
tempest_plugins.

> (2) When I changed the location of the tempest-horizon directory
> specified as tempest-plugins,
> the failure has gone [2]. Is there any recommendation from the tempest team?

As you can see from the logs, tempest_plugins translates that value to:

TEMPEST_PLUGINS="/opt/stack/tempest-horizon"

which is the location where devstack expects to find the code, and where the
deployment copies it, as prepared by the setup-devstack-source-dirs role.

I can't pinpoint what happened exactly (something in zuul maybe) but that path
currently used isn't the expected path anyway. As you are going to change it,
tempest_plugins is the recommended way (and it works from pike onwards, in
case you need to backport it).

Ciao
--
Luigi