[release] Release countdown for week R-0, May 11 - 15

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri May 8 21:34:29 UTC 2020

Development Focus
-----------------

We will be releasing the coordinated OpenStack Ussuri release next week,
on May 13. Thanks to everyone involved in the Ussuri cycle!

We are now in pre-release freeze, so no new deliverable will be created
until final release, unless a release-critical regression is spotted.

Otherwise, teams participating in the virtual PTG June 1-5 should start to plan
what they will be discussing there, by creating and filling team etherpads.
You can access the list of PTG etherpads at:

http://ptg.openstack.org/etherpads.html

General Information

On release day, the release team will produce final versions of
deliverables following the cycle-with-rc release model, by re-tagging
the commit used for the last RC.

A patch doing just that will be proposed. PTLs and release liaisons should
watch for that final release patch from the release team. While not
required, we would appreciate having an ack from each team before we
approve it on the 13th, so that their approval is included in the metadata
that goes onto the signed tag.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates