[keystone] scope enforcement ready for prime time?

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Thu May 7 14:12:19 UTC 2020

On Thu, 7 May 2020 at 00:19, Nikolla, Kristi <knikolla at bu.edu> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> If the API in that OpenStack service doesn't have support for system/domain scopes and only checks for the admin role, the user would have cloud admin on that specific OpenStack API.
>
> Until all the services that you have deployed in your cloud properly support scopes, admin role on anything still gives cloud admin.
>
> Best,
> Kristi

Thanks for the response Kristi. I think we can solve this particular
use case with a custom policy and role in the mean time.

Having spent a little time playing with scopes, I found it quite
awkward getting the right environment variables into OSC to get the
scope I wanted. e.g. Need OS_DOMAIN_* and no OS_PROJECT_* to get a
domain scoped token. I suppose clouds.yaml could help.