[Octavia] Help with bridge interfaces with openstack queens in a existing neutron openvswitch dvr snat environment

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Tue May 5 22:33:37 UTC 2020

Hi Stefan,

The Octavia team us usually available in the #openstack-lbaas IRC
channel on Freenode if you would like to chat with us.

The lb-mgmt network is a neutron network used for management of the
Octavia amphora. Some deployments use shared public networks for this,
some use a private special purpose network for it. The tricky part is
making that network accessible to the Octavia controllers (worker,
health manager, and housekeeping). There are many ways to do that,
such as using a neutron provider network, bridging a port out of
neutron, or creating a routed path.

Michael