[tripleo] Container image tooling roadmap

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Tue May 5 14:57:03 UTC 2020

W dniu 05.05.2020 o 15:56, Bogdan Dobrelya pisze:
> Let's for a minute imagine that each of the raised concerns is
> addressable. And as a thought experiment, let's put here WHAT has to
> be addressed for Kolla w/o the need of abandoning it for a custom
> tooling:

>> 1) input image (centos/ubi0/ubuntu/clear/whatever)
>
> * support ubi8 base images

"kolla-build --base-image ubi8" has you covered. Or you can provide a
patch which will switch to ubi8 for some of existing targets. Easy,
really.

>> 2) Packaging method for the application (source/rpm/dpkg/magic)
>
> * abstract away all the packaging methods (at least above the base
> image) to some (better?) DSL perhaps

What is DSL? Digital Subscriber Line? Did Something Likeable? Droids
Supporting Legacy?

I decided to not follow rest of discussion. Let you guys invent
something interesting and working. I can just follow then.