Fwd: [MURANO] DevStack Murano "yaql_function" Error

İzzettin Erdem root.mch at gmail.com
Mon May 4 09:30:00 UTC 2020

Thanks Andy.

Regards.
Forwarded Conversation
Subject: [MURANO] DevStack Murano "yaql_function" Error
------------------------

Gönderen: Andy Botting <andy at andybotting.com>
Date: 30 Nis 2020 Per, 14:13
To: İzzettin Erdem <root.mch at gmail.com>
Cc: Rong Zhu <aaronzhu1121 at gmail.com>, <
openstack-discuss at lists.openstack.org>

Hi İzzettin,

Thanks for your interest. Complete log link is at below. It is happening
> when i try to deploy or update an environment.
>
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/792444/

I've encountered the error

AttributeError: 'method' object has no attribute '__yaql_function__'

in our environment recently. I believe it started after we upgraded to the
Stein release.

I haven't tracked it down yet, but calls to the YAQL function:

std:Project.getEnvironmentOwner()

in a Murano app seem to generate it.

It's good to know that at least someone else has reproduced this.

cheers,
Andy

----------
Gönderen: İzzettin Erdem <root.mch at gmail.com>
Date: 2 May 2020 Cmt, 16:08
To: Andy Botting <andy at andybotting.com>

Hi Andy,

I solved this problem, it is happening when you try to create or update an
environment on existing network. If you change the network with "create
new" parameter, it stuck on "creating -or updating- environment" state and
after that throws connection error. So i searched Murano network errors and
i found this:
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E73172_01/E73173/html/issue-21976631.html. I
applied these steps and i created successfully an environment just only
with "create new" network parameter. After all these, i realized my
devstack environment has no internet connection and because of this
murano-agent could not install. So i tried to install Murano on my OSA
stable/train test environment and i came with success until last step.
Murano-agent installed but this time agent could not connect to rabbitmq
instance. I discussed this with OSA IRC channel and i think i have to
struggle with this for a long time.

Apologize for this long mail but i wanted to inform you.

Thanks. Regards.

----------
Gönderen: Andy Botting <andy at andybotting.com>
Date: 3 May 2020 Paz, 14:24
To: İzzettin Erdem <root.mch at gmail.com>

Hi İzzettin,

Glad you got it sorted. I think you've probably just worked around the
issue. Using your new method, you're probably just avoiding the

std:Project.getEnvironmentOwner

YAQL call now. I've also worked around it in our environment, but I'd
like to solve it properly. When I get some time to look into it
properly, I'll let you know.

cheers,

Andy