[all][qa] grenade zuulv3 native job available now and its migration plan

Carlos Goncalves cgoncalves at redhat.com
Mon May 4 07:26:12 UTC 2020

Hey Ghanshyam,

This is pretty good news! Congratulations to the whole team!

I posted a patch to migrate the Octavia grenade job to native Zuul v3 [1].
It was really easy and simple to do it, so thanks again.

One question. The job runs Tempest some tests (Nova, Neutron, ...) right
after Grenade. From an Octavia perspective, it is not something we really
don't care about but rather would prefer running (a subset of) Octavia
tests or none. Is this possible?

In patch set 6 [2], I tried to disable Tempest completely. I did so by
disabling "tempest" in devstack_services and set ENABLE_TEMPEST=False in
the Grenade plugin settings file. Yet, Tempest tests still ran. Looking at
the grenade job definition, it includes the tempest role -- is this
correct? I would expect Tempest to run only if ENABLE_TEMPEST=True.

Thanks,
Carlos

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/725098/
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/725098/6/