[puppet] Configuring Debian's uwsgi for each service

Tobias Urdin tobias.urdin at binero.com
Sun May 3 20:17:56 UTC 2020

Hello Thomas,
Thanks for starting this thread!

I've been thinking about this as well, but due to other reason, how we can continue to abstract the service layer
used in the Puppet modules.

The most deployed way right now is the <module>::wsgi::apache (using puppetlabs-apache).

Do you think there is a way we could move uWSGI into it's own <module>::wsgi::uwsgi layer and then use an
upstream uWSGI module to do the actual configuration? Since uWSGI isn't in the OpenStack scope, same as
Apache configuration hence the usage of puppetlabs-apache.

I've been thinking about a similar concept with other service layers, like Docker with Kolla containers etc even
though it's kind of out of scope for the Puppet OpenStack project, just thoughts.

Best regards
Tobias