[tripleo] Container image tooling roadmap

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Sat May 2 08:16:29 UTC 2020

W dniu 02.05.2020 o 01:18, Kevin Carter pisze:
> So far we've not encountered a single image using Kolla that is smaller and
> we've tested both CentOS8 and UBI8 as a starting point. In all cases we've
> been able to produce smaller containers to the tune of hundreds of
> megabytes saved per-application without feature gaps (as it pertains to
> TripleO), granted, the testing has not been exhaustive. The noted UBI8
> starting point was chosen because it produced the greatest savings.

Can you share what was tested? I wonder how many of those can be applied
to Kolla to get some savings here and there.

registry.access.redhat.com/ubi8/ubi latest 8e0b0194b7e1 9 days ago   204MB
centos                              8      470671670cac 3 months ago 237MB

33 MB difference of base image does not look much.