[stein][neutron] gratuitous arp

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Fri May 1 16:34:18 UTC 2020

Hello Sean,
to be honest I did not understand what is the difference between the first
and second patch but it is due to my poor skill and my poor english.
Anycase I would like to test it. I saw I can download files :
workaround.py and neutron.py and there is a new option
force_legacy_port_binding.
How can I test?
I must enable the new option under workaround section in the in nova.conf
on compute nodes setting  it to true?
The files downloaded (from first or secondo patch?) must be copied on
compute nodes under /usr/lib/python2.7/site_packages
nova/conf/workaround.py and nova/network/neutron.py and then restart nova
compute service?
It should work only for new instances or also for running instances?
Sorry for disturbing.
Best Regards
Ignazio