[all][elections][ptl][tc] Combined PTL/TC Nominations Kickoff

Jay Bryant jungleboyj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 20:06:29 UTC 2020

On 3/26/2020 5:52 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Re: TC seats, I'd like to encourage people with operational experience
> of OpenStack to run for election.
>
> We have lots of OpenStack users. Our focus today is more on
> continuously improving the experience of running OpenStack. Filling
> the gaps rather than developing radically-new breaking features.
> Integrating with other open infrastructure software that you run
> alongside it.
>
> So, in governance and key policy decisions, we rely on the feedback of
> people that have practical experience operating the software. Having
> more of those directly involved in the TC will facilitate that
> feedback loop, and make sure we take into account a wide variety of
> situations.
>
> Being on the TC is not as time consuming as you might think. The
> time-consuming part is trying to stay on top of what's happening with
> OpenStack: I would say that being on the TC just adds a max of two
> hours per week (reviewing proposed changes, chiming in on governance
> discussions on the mailing-list, attending some weekly office hours or
> the monthly meeting). But it is a great way to make sure the direction
> of the software is aligned to your needs as an OpenStack user, and the
> needs of other users in a similar situation.
>
> Thanks for considering it!

Just wanted to echo Thierry's words here as a new TC Member this year.

Would love to see more users/operators joining us and bringing new
perspectives.

The additional time commitment has not been significant and being a part
of the TC has given me a new perspective of the OpenStack community that
I feel has been beneficial.

So, if you are able, please take the time to consider this opportunity!

Jay

(IRC: jungleboyj)