[keystone][horizon] Two approaches to "multi-region" OpenStack deployment

Erik Olof Gunnar Andersson eandersson at blizzard.com
Tue Mar 24 21:01:06 UTC 2020

We have a multi-region (20+ regions) deployment with Keystone. We use the old templated ini format for catalog and ldap for user backend. We then create all our projects using matching uuids (we added custom patch to allow you to provide your own uuid for projects). Initially we replicated the database globally, but some newer features (and/or changes) added to Keystone made this difficult.

We also do something similar for Glance with a globally replicated Swift cluster.

Best Regards, Erik Olof Gunnar Andersson