[nova] feasibility to keep the two-company rule

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 10:33:42 UTC 2020

On 19-03-20 18:23:50, Balázs Gibizer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nova has an unwritten rule that requires to have at least two companies
> involved in any new feature development (or even bugfix?). In the current
> Nova core diversity situation this rule puts extra burden to the remaining
> non Red Hat cores and I guess it also makes any Red Hat driven feature
> development harder. In parallel to working on increasing the size of the
> core team I suggest to reconsider dropping this rule.
>
> Some discussion happened already on the today's meeting[1].
>
> Cheers,
> gibi
>
> [1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2020/nova.2020-03-19-16.00.log.html#l-90

Thanks again for raising this gibi!

+1 from me, while this topic has been discussed at length many times now
I agree that given the current core diversity situation we need to look
at this again. I would personally be happy to see the rule dropped for
the time being while in parallel we also try to increase the pool of
cores from outside of RH.

Cheers,

--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76