[nova][gate] status of some gate bugs

Arnaud Morin arnaud.morin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 08:25:48 UTC 2020

Hey Melanie, all,

About OVH case (company I work for).
We are digging into the issue.

First thing, we do not limit anymore the IOPS. I dont remember when we
removed this limit, but this is not new.

However, the hypervisor are quite old now, and our policy on this old
servers was to use some swap.
And we think that the host may slow down when overcommitting on RAM
(swapping on disk).

Anyway, we also know that we can have better latency when upgrading
QEMU. We are currently in the middle of testing a new QEMU version, I
will push to upgrade your hypervisors first, so we will see if the
latency on QEMU side can help the gate.

Finally, we plan to change the hardware and stop doing overcommit on RAM
(and swapping on disk). However, I have no ETA about that, but for sure,
this will improve the IOPS.

I'll keep you in touch.

Cheers,

--