[qeeens][neutron] migrating from iptables_hybrid to openvswitch

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 18:11:58 UTC 2020

Hello Jakub, in my previous email I asked about multiple port binding but I
forgot to discuss about the point 1 of your email (qbr).
I do not mind about intermediate bridge but the following is what happen:

A) evacuate node  1 and after changing its openvswitch agent configuration
and restarting it, I can migrate vm1 form node 2.
Intermediate qbr bridge is created for vm1 on node 1
B) evacuate node 2 and after changing its openvswitch agent configuration
and restarting it, live migrating vm1 form node 1 to mode 2 does not works
because no qbr is created on node 2 (this is reported on nova logs)

Probably without restarting instances live migration works from
hybrid_iptables to openvswitch but does not work fron openvswitch to
openvswitch.

If the first migration is not live, qbr is not created and all works fine.
Regards
Ignazio