OpenStack support for msgpack 1.0.0

Matthew Thode mthode at mthode.org
Sat Mar 14 22:23:45 UTC 2020

On 20-03-14 22:52:45, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> msgpack 1.0.0 was released last Sept. I'm being pressed by the rest of
> Debian people to upload 1.0.0 to Sid. I'm concern by it: will this break
> any of the OpenStack package, like oslo.messaging? Is there any plan to
> have support for 1.0.0 for Ussuri?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Openstack depends on salt
Salt capped msgpack to not allow 1.0.0
  https://github.com/saltstack/salt/pull/56009
Openstack can't use msgpack-1.0.0
  this makes me sad
  iirc openstack tests passed with it, I just made a review to test
    https://review.opendev.org/713113

When I mentioned this to upstream salt people they said it'd be in a
future release, I'd project after the openstack release (it's not part
of 3000.1 which is being preparred now).

--
Matthew Thode