[tripleo]

Tristan Cacqueray tdecacqu at redhat.com
Thu Mar 12 13:23:41 UTC 2020

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 19:38 Emilien Macchi wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 10:41 AM Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote:
>
>> Yay!
>>
>> When you have brainspace after firefighting (always fun) - maybe we should
>> find a time to talk about whether our image building and publishing
>> automation could help you out here. No rush - this is one of those “we’ve
>> got some tools we might be able to leverage to help” - just ping me
>> whenever.
>>

> Hey Monty,
>
> The CI team is presently busy with CentOS 8 fires but I would be happy to
> help and work together on convergence.
> Maybe I can start by explaining how our process works, then you can do the
> same and we see where we can collaborate.
>
> The TL;DR is that we have built TripleO CLI and Ansible roles to consume
> Kolla tooling and build our images.

For what its worth, we, the software factory project team, would like to
investigate using zuul pipeline to periodically update, test and promote
a collection of images. Note that the goal is to update and promote only
valid layers (instead of a doing a full rebuild each time).

We actually plan to work on that story[0] in the upcoming weeks, it
seems like zuul-jobs already feature most of the image building roles we
would need, but we might require some modifications to be able to detect
if a layer needs to be tested (e.g. looks for "Nothing to do." in stdout)

Perhaps we can adapt the zuul-jobs role in such a way that it would
support the update use-case as well as using TripleO CLI and roles.

Cheers,
-Tristan

[0] https://tree.taiga.io/project/morucci-software-factory/us/3419